Here are some tips for keeping your New Years Resolutions! Remember any change that betters your health whether it be weight loss, better eating habits, decreased portions sizes or an exercise plan are all beneficial.
- Keep your resolutions simple
- Make your resolutions achievable and realistic
- Don’t make too many resolutions as this will make them hard to achieve
- Choose a top three and you can always change or add to them later
- Set resolutions with friends or family. This will help keep you accountable
- You can adjust and change your resolutions as the year progresses. For example, you might want to start with a resolution of walking, then when you are comfortable with this you can start to jog/run
- Have fun with your goals, involve family and the kids, take pets for a walk/run, have a friendly competition with a friend or neighbour
- Don’t give up
At Body of Life Health Centre we are here to help you achieve your goals and help you fulfil your new years resolutions. Would you like someone to talk to about general healthy eating or to have a health/diet overview? Call 02 9453 3046 to make an appointment with an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD).
Article written by Danielle Dive (APD).